- Cooking oil
- 1 large potato, peeled & diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps salt-reduced tomato paste
- 2 x 400g canned cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce
- ½ cup boiling water
- A quarter roast chicken breast, shredded
- Soy sauce to taste
- Kecap manis (Indonesian soy sauce) to taste optional (homemade version)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Potato croutons: Make sure you remove any moisture from the diced potato with a paper towel. Pan fry the diced potato in hot oil until golden brown over medium heat. Set aside on paper towel lined plate to remove the excess oil.
- In the same pan, saute onion and garlic until aromatic. Add tomato paste and saute for a minute. Add beans, barbecue sauce and water. Mix until well combined. Cook the mixture until reaching boiling point, covered.
- Add shredded chicken, stir to combine.
- Check for taste. Add soy sauce and kecap manis to taste. The kecap manis is to darken the mixture so you can skip this ingredient if you don’t any on hand.
- Transfer the baked beans to a bowl and garnish with the potato croutons and chopped parsley.